Namibia has 2 seasons, the summer or rainy season which continues from November to April and the winter or dry season which occurs during December to May.
Summer/Rainy Season (November to April)
- Migratory birds return, optimal time for birdwatchers
- The likelihood of seeing many new-born animals is high.
- Despite hot temperatures, coastal areas such as Luderitz and Swakopmund are cooler.
- At some areas, because of low season, one can easily get lower rates for accommodation.
- The rain leads to pools of water being in and around the area which meant that less animals will be seen by the waterhole.
- The weather can be very hot
Winter/Dry Season (December to May)
- Gets very dry, less vegetation for animals meaning they congregate around rivers and waterholes and that makes them easy to spot.
- Temperate weather during the day which is perfect for various activities such as biking, hiking etc.
- It gets very cold during nights and mornings.